Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is spray tanning safe when pregnant?

i have heard that it was and wasn't, and both sides of the argument. I am just kinda curious of personal experience, or people who work for tanning salons and what they think.. i need some color!Is spray tanning safe when pregnant?
Don't worry about the rude people on here. It was a really good question to ask and there is nothing wrong with wanting to feel attractive especially when you are pregnant.





There is nothing wrong with spray tanning...





The most debated chemical in spray tan is DHA, which is a harmless sugar. The chemicals are relatively the same as the over the counter tanning products.





The people on here that are also going on and on about chemicals should realize that there are just as many, if not more chemicals in the food they consume all day every day and the chemicals they wash there clothes with and there shampoo, conditioner, soap...





It's not really fair to point fingers when people are living in chemicals all day long.





Getting a spray tan every now and again isn't going to hurt anyone.





Do what you feel makes you happy and what you feel is safe. You can talk to your doctor for back up to help make your decision.





Congrats on your pregnancy by the way!!Is spray tanning safe when pregnant?
I do not think so, because mystic tanning does not have any radiation. As I understand it just sprays a bronzing liquid on you. It is similiar to the sunless tanning lotion they sell in drug stores. When I've gone tanning before, I sign a release form usually in case I have any allergies or not, so I'm assuming the salon would be able to tell you.
Yes...check with the tanning place but where I go it's fine....its just sugar based :) just call and make sure...I hear you I was white as a ghost haha!





Okay give me thumbs down...but the lady told me when I got it done it wont harm you or the baby in any way it's just sugar based and just b/c your an EMT doesn't mean crap about tanning.....second the doctor also told me its just like the sunless tanning lotions.....some people.
I am an EMT and it is safe for me to say that it is not a smart idea because the fumes are not good for the growth and development of your baby. If you want a tan i would use the sunless tanning lotion or sit out in the sun.
I have no idea, but in my mind ... NOTHING is worth risking the life of my unborn child. I would rather walk around pale (although I don't have that have that problem) than to get a spray tan and harm my child. But, if in doubt contact your doctor and ask.
Nice- thinking of yourself more then your own child....Women these days.





But I DO give you credit for asking.
hell nooo


chemicalssssss

No comments:

Post a Comment