Saturday, January 23, 2010

Will spray tanning ruin a tattoo?

i have had a tattoo for about two months and i have a friends wedding coming up and she wants us to spray tan. can i do that or will it ruin my tattoo. my tattoo covers my whole side also.Will spray tanning ruin a tattoo?
not at all.


it will only make your tattoo look a little darker, just like it will for your skin.





my advice is to stay away from Mystic tan and find a salon in your area that offers ';infinity sun'; airbrushing or ';versa spa'; spray tanning system. those 2 are the only ones on the market right now that offer a realistic color that won't turn you orange or anything.





(i've managed a tanning salon for 2 years and have airbrushed over numerous tattoos including my own.)Will spray tanning ruin a tattoo?
I've spray tanned a few times since my tattoos. If they are healed it will not be an issue and after 2 months you should be healed completely. It is much safer for your skin to spray tan, and UV rays, whether the sun or a tanning bed, can fade your tattoo. Also it has never affected the color of my ink, just the parts of my skin without ink and I have some white and pastel blues in both of my sides. Spray away and good luck!
It normally shouldn't affect it permanently, what colours are in your tattoo? I have a friend that has white and light pink in hers and it seemed to stain it for a few weeks; longer than the rest of her body stayed tan. But it eventually went back to normal.


If it's on your side and your dress will cover it, I just wouldn't tan on my side anyways. Although you'd look real silly naked...
As long as the tattoo is completely healed you should have no problem with the spray tan. It is MUCH better for your tattoo than getting a real tan. The sun or tanning beds are your worst enemy when it comes to a tattoo. I see no problem, go for it!
get a real tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment